NCU started its activities in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On establishment of the National Coordinating Unit of the European Union’s Technical Assistance Programme in Uzbekistan” № 29 dated 24.01.1994.
The main functions of the NCU are:
- informing through mass media or by direct appeal to potential beneficiaries on the goals of the projects and programs of technical assistance, as well as on conditions and rules of receiving funding from the European Commission;
- submitting to the European Commission formal requests for project financing and technical assistance programs;
- coordinating activities of national and foreign experts engaged in the technical assistance projects implemented in Uzbekistan;
- participating in international symposiums, conferences, and seminars conducted within the European Commission’s technical assistance programs;
- organizing and assisting in arranging meetings, seminars, and other activities conducted within the European Commission’s technical assistance programs in Uzbekistan or elsewhere.